While installing a software when you are asked about 32/64 bit processor/operating system, you often get confused and you ask yourself, ‘do I have 32 bit processor/OS?’ or ‘do I have 64 bit processor/OS?’
A processor may be 32 bit or 64 bit. A 32 bit processor will have 32 bit operating system but a 64 bit processor may have 32 bit or 64 bit operating system.
If you run windows operating system, the following script will tell you whether you have a 32 or 64 bit operating system.
To run the script, do follow
- Copy the code from here and paste in notepad.
- Save the script as something.vbs (e.g.: cpu.vbs)
- After saving, run the script by double clicking on it.
- If you see a warning like follow, ignore it and click on Open
- Finally, you will see a message like follow